for Australian Mortgage Fund Ltd
Australian Mortgage Fund Ltd
ACN 160 969 120
on 12 March 2014
- Why We Collect Personal Information
- Personal information Collected
- Use and Disclosure
- Disclosure to Third Parties
- Your Consent
- Direct Marketing and your Privacy
- Incorrect information
- Information Security
- Access to your personal information
- Staff Training
- Privacy Officer
- Changes and Review of Policy
- Resolving Privacy Issues or make a complaint
- AFS Licence means the Australian financial services licence granted by ASIC to Australian Mortgage Fund Ltd under Part 7.6 of the Corporations Act
- ASIC means Australian Securities and Investments Commission
- ATO means Australian Taxation Office
- CEO means the Chief Executive Officer of Australian Mortgage Fund Ltd
- Privacy Act means Privacy Act 1988 as amended (Cth)
- Privacy Commissioner means the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
- Australian Mortgage Fund Ltd means Australian Mortgage Fund Ltd. ACN 160 969 120
- Third Party means companies or individuals which Australian Mortgage Fund Ltd has contracts with to provide a service to Australian Mortgage Fund Ltd or our members
- We/I/Our mean Australian Mortgage Fund Ltd and its employees
- You mean the customers or members of Australian Mortgage Fund Ltd
- Australian Mortgage Fund Ltd is strongly committed to protecting your privacy when you interact with us, our products and services.
- As part of our business we are committed to providing a number of services to you. To provide these services it is necessary for us to collect, store, use your personal information, and or disclose them to a 3rd Party.
- Australian Mortgage Fund Ltd will only deal with your personal information in the ways we describe to you in this Policy.
The objective of this Policy is to create a transparent framework about how and why we collect and use your information. In some cases, it is possible not to collect any personal information and if you do not want us to collect or use your information then we will give you the opportunity to say so.
4- Why We Collect Personal Information
Australian Mortgage Fund Ltd collects personal information about you:
because you have provided it to us, for instance if you contact us to make comments, complaints or to ask us questions, or you have interacted with one of our digital services (including online and mobile services);
- Because we need it to provide a product or service that you have requested, for instance, if you applied for an Australian Mortgage Fund Ltd product or services.
- Because we would like to improve our services, for instance through the collection and analysis of statistical and research data.
- Because you work for us, or apply to us for a job or work experience.
We will use the information collected for the purposes that you have provided it. If you cannot provide us with the information we require to provide and maintain the services which you seek we may be unable to provide you with the required financial services. We may need to source information about you from a Third Party; for example a credit reporting agency or an insurer.
Wherever possible this will be done with your authorisation or where this is not possible we will inform you when such information is collected.
5- Personal information Collected
- We collect most personal information from you directly. For example, we may collect personal information when you apply for membership, open an account, deal with us over the telephone, send us a letter, visit our website, or when you contact us in person.
- The type of information we collect may include your name and contact details, tax file numbers, date of birth, income and financial details, employment details, credit record and transaction history.
- We do not collect information that is classified as Sensitive Personal Information as defined by the Privacy Act.
- Information which we collect from you will only be used for the purpose for which it was collected. We do not disclose your sensitive personal information to third parties without your permission or instructions.
6- Use and Disclosure
- Personal information is treated as confidential within Australian Mortgage Fund Ltd and is used by us for the purpose for which it was collected or for a related purpose. Related purposes may include
- Our own market analysis and product development
- Informing you about new products or services and
- Detecting and preventing fraud and other criminal activity
- Wherever our business is outsourced to Third Party contractors, such as mailing houses and Information Technology professional, we undertake to ensure that these Parties are bound by confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements. Information provided to these Parties remains the property of Australian Mortgage Fund Ltd and is only used for the specific purpose for which it is supplied and on completion it is returned to us. Wherever possible, Australian Mortgage Fund Ltd will elect to deal with agents who are bound by the provisions of the Privacy Act. Where this is not possible we will make every effort to verify that they otherwise comply with the National Privacy Principles as provided by the Officer of the Privacy Commissioner.
- We have a duty to keep confidential all personal information we hold about you including:
- Your name, address and financial information
- The balance in your account; and
- Transactions on your account
- We will not disclose your personal information unless the disclosure is
- Required by law (eg. The Australian Taxation Office has the power to order us to disclose information on your accounts)
- Authorised by law (e.g. to protect our interest or where we have a duty to the public to disclose or where it is necessary in proceedings before a court or tribunal) or
- With your consent.
8- Disclosure to Third Parties
Except where required by law, we only disclose personal information to Third Parties with your express or implied consent. We do not disclose names and addresses to third parties for their own use and in particular we do not disclose names and address to third parties for their direct marketing.
9- Your Consent
Your consent to us may be express or implied. We obtain your express consent by you writing to notify us of your consent or by signing to acknowledge a statement of consent. Your implied consent includes your consent, by taking up membership, to allow us to disclose your identifying information to our service providers to enable us to operate and provide services and products to you. Confidentiality of the information will at all times be maintained. Without such consent we may not be able to maintain your membership and accounts with Australian Mortgage Fund Ltd.
10- Direct Marketing and your Privacy
From time to time we will use the personal information we collect from you to inform you of products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing information, you can tell us at any time by contacting us on 1800 263 263.
11- Incorrect information
If you believe that the information Australian Mortgage Fund Ltd holds about you is incorrect, or you want to update the information, please contact Australian Mortgage Fund Ltd on 1800 263 263 and we will make all reasonable efforts to correct the information. We rely on the accuracy of the information you provide to us.
12- Information Security
We take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, unauthorised access, modification and unauthorised disclosure. Personal information about your accounts and membership is only accessible by you and by those who are authorised to access it. Only authorised employees have access to your personal information and only for approved purposes. Your personal information can only be amended and deleted by authorised means. Records that we hold, containing your personal information may be in hardcopy documents or as electronic data. Hardcopy documents are secured on our premises and at archive sites by locks and security systems. Wherever practicable, hardcopy documents are returned to you and not kept on our premises. Electronic data stored on our computers is protected by computer and network security products, including firewalls, encryption, virus software, as well as user identities and passwords. Our website uses technology to ensure maximum security. However no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
13- Access to your personal information
You may request access to the Personal information that you have provided to, and retained by, Australian Mortgage Fund Ltd. We will provide you with such access wherever possible and within reasonable time. We may apply a fee for such access, to cover our costs. If we deny your request for access, we will provide you with reasons for that denial. We would ask that any such request is stated as clearly as possible and adequately identifies the information you are seeking and where it is located.
14- Staff Training
Australian Mortgage Fund Ltd will properly train and update all members of staff in Privacy Procedures at least annually.
15- Privacy Officer
Australian Mortgage Fund Ltd will appoint a member of staff as its Privacy Officer to be responsible for the implementation of this Policy and all matters of privacy within Australian Mortgage Fund Ltd. The Privacy officer is currently the Compliance Officer.
16- Changes and Review of Policy
17- Resolving Privacy Issues or make a complaint
If you believe that Australian Mortgage Fund Ltd has failed to observe the privacy of your personal information, you can register your concern or complaint with our Privacy Officer on 1800 263 263. We will respond as soon as possible, usually within 2 working days, to let you know the person in our organisation who will be responsible for investigating the matter. If we are unable to resolve the matter within 10 working days we will contact you to let you know its progress and when we expect the matter to be resolved. If you have any questions and complaints or concern regarding this policy please contact Australian Mortgage Fund Ltd on 1800 263 263 for assistance.
If you are unsatisfied with our internal dispute process, you may contact the Privacy Commissioner via:
Telephone: 1300 363 992
Fax: +61 2 9284 9666
Post: GPO BOX 5218 Sydney NSW 2001
If you have any questions, please email us email@example.com